Phases of the Dukan diet

>>  Monday, December 3, 2012

The Dukan diet is a healthy weight loss plan that is not a faddy two month diet but a new way of eating for life to maintain a healthy happy weight whilst eating a healthy diet.

Dukan consists of four phases starting with the Attack phase, followed by the Cruise phase, Consolidation phase and finally stabilization.

The attack phase is a short phase consisting of eating 72 high protein meats and fish. This phase is intended to produce immediate good weight loss and really kick start the diet. This is probably the hardest part of the diet, as is the start of most diets. As it cuts out carbohydrates it is shock to the body and Dr Dukan recommends multivitamin tablets are taken to ensure your body remains healthy. Drinking plenty of water is key to the diets success, it is recommended to drink at least 1.5 litres.

Phase two is the Cruise phase which is a slower but still steady and good weight loss phase. The goal of this phase is to get towards your target (or “true”) weight. In this phase you can eat the Dukan 100 foods which consist of the 72 protein foods and an additional 28 low GI vegetables. In this phase you alternate Pure Protein days and Protein mixed with vegetable days.

Phase three is called the consolidation phase which helps your body and your mind prepare to return to a balanced diet. It promotes a healthy diet but includes two festive meals which include pleasurable food so you do not feel as though you are being denied. This is an important phase of the diet as it signals a return to normal but healthy eating where it is less controlled which is always more of a challenge to maintaining a good weight.

Phase four is stabilization and is based on three simple measures to help ensure continued ideal weight whilst eating a healthy balanced diet.

The four phases are relatively straight forward and it is easy to see how you lose weight with dukan. It is important to follow the diet through all the phases and ensure stabilization continues in everyday life so weight gain doesn’t occur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 comments :

Chubskulit Rose December 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I have seen a testimony about this diet online, must be a good one.

Rhonda Reiter December 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Always inspirational! Cannot wait to try these!

Rhonda Reiter December 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Always inspirational! Cannot wait to try these!

Jerla Oh lalala December 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM

sounds like a very interesting diet plan. I might have to give it a try but i have to read more information about this weight loss thing.

Prettymom December 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Would like to try this way of dieting...:)

wifetoalineman02 December 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I love doing diet when we do not need to starve but still eat the food we love :-) I might check this diet plan and hope it will work on me :-)

Mharms December 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Any kind of slimming diet should be accompanied with self-control from eating fattening foods and discipline in keeping the body fit.

Marms

Teresa Martinez December 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

This diet is new to me as I haven't had any information about it till now.

purethoughts December 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM

This is the first time I've ever heard about this weight loss plan.. sounds interesting! I am blessed that my weight is just alright though I am not dieting... but just in case I really get big, I'll remember this ;)

Shela December 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Ty for this i need one that fits for me maybe this will works

Adin B December 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I must admit I have not heard or seen the DUKAN diet before in the commercial or online. Sounds like something that could be worth looking at for people who are determined to loose the weight and change lifestyle. Thanks for sharing mommy.

Gene December 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I have heart of Dukan diet and it sounds interesting and healthy but never had the chance to really explore it.