>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I suspect I’ve done a similar question before (hey, I’ve been doing this for years; there are bound to be some duplicates) but… are you superstitious about a black cat crossing your path, walking under a ladder, the number 13 or 666, breaking a mirror, or knocking on wood? If not those, is there anything else that you’re superstitious about?
Way back in the Philippines, we all have a superstitious or folk beliefs. Some of them were unbelievable but there's nothing wrong if you believe, right? These are some what old people say way back. I have this superstitious belief for quite a while and there's tons of them. So, I have to number them out here.
- First, not to try out the wedding dress before the wedding, since it could be a bad sign, or maybe your fiance will get into an accident and died.
- Second,Lying down with your feet facing the door will bring you an early death
- Third, If a spoon falls during a meal, you will be visited by a woman. If it is a fork, a man will be visiting, while if it is a teaspoon, it will be a child.
- Fourth, Before you bathe in a spring or river, you must first ask permission form the engkantos (spirits who have the power to enchant people) who dwell there. Otherwise, you might fall ill.
- Fifth, You can give your sweetheart a handkerchief as a gift, but it will only
make her cry.
- There's more...but this time this is the last, Give a generous discount to the day's first customer, so that your sales for the day will increase.
If you wanted to learn more about the Philippine Fold Beliefs, you may want to visit this website.